RESEARCH PROMOTION POLICY DOCUMENT
Well defined research polices govern the research on the campus and are aimed at fulfilling the following objectives.
1) Promoting research amongst teachers and students.
2) Enabling faculty members and students to understand the facilities provided to encourage research on campus.
3) Providing framework for availing support to carry out research.
4) Describing process of rewarding faculty and students for excellence in research.
5) Creating awareness on research related ethical requirements of the college.
6) Ensuring academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism
7) Facilitating consultancy works.
I. RESEARCH POLICIES:
|1.||Research Promotion Policy Document||View|
|2.||Promoting Research Culture||View|
|3.||Promoting Research excellence||View|
|4.||Availing Seed money/financial aid for Research||View|
|5.||For Initiating Linkages/MoUs||View|
|6.||Promoting Research Project proposals submissions||View|
|10.||Code of Research Ethics||View|
Code of Research Ethics - Policy Document
Code of Research Ethics Policy was formulated to govern the standards of conduct of research on the campus, encompassing ways to avoid Plagiarism; Research Publication Ethics and Quality Publications (UGC- CARE list). While carrying out research, it is important to adhere to ethical principles, curb plagiarism and conform to the requirements of adhering to quality of research publications.
|1.||Code of Research Ethics Policy||View|
|4.||UGC Care list||Visit: https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in/apps1/home/index|
UGC Notices and Notifications:
1. UGC notice on Self Plagiarism Visit:https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2284767_self-plagiarism001.pdf
2. UGC NOTIFICATION: Promotion Of Academic Integrity And Prevention Of Plagiarism In Higher Educational Institutions Regulations, 2018
3. UGC- Good Academic research practices Visit:https://www.ugc.ac.in/e-book/grap_29092020/mobile/index.html
Thrust area of research
A significant number of faculty members are actively involved in undertaking research projects, publishing and presenting their research findings and carrying out collaborative research activities. The departments actively involved in research are tabulated below:
DEPARTMENTAL THRUST AREAS
|1||Geography||Population, Socio - Cultural & settlement Studies, Agricultural Geography, Remote Sensing and GIS|
|2||Zoology||Human Genetics, Genetic toxicology, Epidemiology of human disorders, Avian Studies, Mangrove faunal studies, Teaching-Learning Pedagogies.|
|3||Sociology||Diaspora and migration studies, women in social context.|
|4||Biotechnology||Microbiology Enzymology Environmental Biotechnology|
|5||Computer Science||Data Mining, Data base systems, decision support systems. Computer networking.|
|7||Physics||Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Experimental Neutron Physics, Theoretical condensed matter Physics, Material Science and computational quantum mechanics.|
|8||English||American and Goan Literature|
|9||Botany||Plant Physiology, Plant tissue culture|
As research is the key focus of this institute, management of the college introduced specialized research laboratories such as Geographical information services Lab(GIS), Photogrammetry Lab, Human Genetic Research lab, Plant Physiology lab and Analytical Lab. Besides these, the college harbors well equipped library and a wi-fi campus.
1) Geographical information services Lab(GIS):GIS Lab has 20 computers with loaded with GIS software ArcView 10, ArcGIS Master Lab kit, software for image processing like ENVI 4.6 and IDL for modeling. In addition all computers have programming facilities like C, C++, Visual Basic 6.0, and graphical facilities like AutoCAD.
The Geoinformatics Lab is a good asset for research to store, manage, retrieve and represent in digital and iconic modes.
2) Photogrammetry Lab: has the necessary setup along with 20 sets of multispectral satellite data and other field and navigation Instruments such as GPS Garmin Map 76CSx, GPS Oregon 550, GPS Etrex Vista HCx, GPS Montana 650, Brunton Compass and Tangent Clinometer and Survey Instruments such as Prismatic Compass, Transit Theodolite, Chain set, Chain and Tape Survey set, Plain Table survey sets etc. Post-processing and real-time kinematic (radio frequency 438MHz) range upto 25 Km having accuracy of 5mm. consultancy projects are carried out at these labs.
3) Chowgules Human Genetic Research Lab(CHGRL):The research at CHGRL is focused on genetic disorders in humans, genetic toxicity studies, and epidemiological studies.The lab has offers internships and trainings in the field of Human genetics, digital Karyotyping,
Comet assays, culture techniques and cytogenetic techniques. CHGRL also offers Post Graduate Diploma course in Clinical Genetics and Medical Lab techniques (PGDCGMLT).
4) Plant Physiology Research Lab:is equipped with all basic facilities in Plant Science Research. Lab also has facility for growing plants under controlled conditions. The equipments available are PCR, rotary vacuum evaporator, UV spectrophotometer and chlorophyll flurometer.
5) Central Research Lab(CRL): CRL was established in 2018, to strengthen and upgrade available science research facilities to advanced research & training to enable researchers to take up challenging research projects. It harbors high-end research instruments viz Gel Doc, Tissue culture facilities etc. This was funded through RUSA and DBT star college scheme.
6) Analytical Lab: The Instrumentation Laboratory is well equipped with the following sophisticated instruments such as FTIR spectrophotometer, atomic spectrophotometer, TG- DTA analyser, Differential scanning calorimeter and Gas Chromatography.
7) Environmental Research Laboratory has equipments for soil and water testing. The laboratory maintains sufficient analytical and support instruments/ equipment for conducting analytical operations since modern analytical laboratory depends heavily upon instrumentation.
8) Plant tissue culture laboratory: of the department of Botany has the facility for carrying out callus cultures. The laboratory enables faculty and students to carry out research in plant tissue culture.
RESEARCH PROJECTS AND GRANTS
Research projects are undertaken by faculty funded by various funding bodies. To encourage projects, policy documents on Research funding bodies and research promotion polices are formulated. Workshops are also conducted to encourage research proposal writing. Thus college has strengthened its research infrastructure to create conducive research environment and promote research works on the campus. Research Discussion Forum (RDF) was established in 2016, to encourage interdisciplinary research projects and consultancy activities.
Research projects and grants obtained by the faculty for past 05 years:
RESEARCH PROJECTS COMPLETED
Research projects completed by the faculty for the past 05 years:
|ACADEMIC YEAR||FACULTY NAME||PROJECT DETAILS|
|2022-23||Dr. Sanjay Gaikwad||